PAKDD-2018 Call for Workshop Proposal
The 22nd Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD’18)
June 03 – 06, Melbourne, Australia | http://prada-research.net/pakdd18
Workshop Proposal Due: October 15th, 2017
Now in its 22nd edition, the Pacific-Asia conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining is the second oldest conference and a leading venue in the area of knowledge discovery and data mining (KDD). The conference provides an internationally prestigious forum for researchers and industry practitioners to share their new ideas, original research results and practical development experiences from all KDD related areas, including data mining, data warehousing, machine learning, artificial intelligence, databases, statistics, knowledge engineering, visualization, decision-making systems and the emerging applications.
PAKDD 2018 seeks workshop proposals on foundational and emerging topics in areas related to data mining and knowledge discovery. The PAKDD workshops provide an informal and vibrant opportunity for researchers and industry practitioners to share their research positions, original research results and practical development experiences on specific challenges and emerging issues. The workshop topics should be focused and cohesive so that participants can benefit from interaction with each other. A list of topics (non-exhaustive) includes:
- Foundational topics in data mining
- Big data mining/platform
- Data mining on specialized data types: graphs, structured/unstructured/semi-structured data, streaming data, time series, spatial-temporal data, text, multimedia, social networks, etc.
- Data mining in specific disciplines: biology, ecology, e-government, environmental sciences, finance, healthcare, manufacturing, social sciences, etc.
- Data mining on cloud computing
- Data mining and privacy
- Data mining and security
- Data mining and machine learning for cyber-security
- Data analysis and mining for new applications: smart devices, smart grids, smart homes, etc.
The organizers and chairs of the workshop shall have full control on the call for papers, forming of program committees, review and selection of papers as well as planning the workshop program. HOWEVER, the program committee chairs are not allowed to submit papers to the workshops to ensure a fair review process. IN ADDITION, the chairs must include the following statement in the workshop CFP:
“Submitting a paper to the workshop means that the authors agree that at least one author should attend the workshop to present the paper, if the paper is accepted. For no-show authors, their affiliations will receive a notification.”
The registration fees for workshops will be determined by the conference (not the workshop itself). The fees will be paid to the conference, and the conference will provide workshop facilities including working notes printing, meeting room, coffee break, lunch, proceedings and so on.
Each workshop will have a right to include its outstanding papers in a LNCS/LNAI post Proceedings of PAKDD Workshops published by Springer. Under the program, the workshop chair must organize a review committee to select the outstanding papers from the papers presented in the workshop. Based on the reviews, each selected paper should be further improved for the camera ready version. A detailed schedule of due dates for the paper selection and the collection of the camera ready versions will be announced immediately after the workshop announcement. Prospective workshop organizers should send a proposal (maximum three pages) with the following sections to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Title of the workshop
- Objectives, scope, and contribution to the main conference
- Names and contacts of key organizers and a tentative list of members of the program committee, along with links to their webpages
- Expected number of papers, attendees, and preliminary workshop format
Prior discussion of candidate workshop organizers with the workshop co-chairs is strongly encouraged.
- Workshop proposal due: October 15, 2017
- Workshop notification: October 31, 2017
- Workshop call for papers: November 15, 2017
- Suggested workshop author notification: February 5, 2018
- Workshop camera-ready due: February 12, 2018
We look forward to your proposals and contributions to PAKDD 2018 Workshops. If you have any question, please drop us an email at: email@example.com
PAKDD’18 Workshop Co-Chairs
Benjamin Fung, McGill University, Canada
Can Wang, Griffith University, Australia